Burkittsville was first founded by its original property owners, Major Joshua Harley and Henry Burkitt. It was originally founded as "Harley's Post Office" in 1824. After Harley's passing in 1828, Burkitt renamed it Burkittsville. Over the next thirty years it grew as a community with stores, shops, blacksmiths, a schoolhouse, and a tannery.
During the Civil Way, forces of the Union and Confederate armies engaged in the Battle of Crampton's Gap, a bloody preface to the Battle of Antietam. The churches and adjacent schoolhouse were used as hospitals for the more than 300 wounded on both sides. These buildings still stand today in the small town of only 200 residents.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
$125,0002 beds, 1 bathlot 8,712 sqftMLS FR2588219
$155,0002 beds, 1 bathlot 43,124 sqftMLS FR9814553
$365,0003 beds, 2 baths2,330 sqft lot 10,018 sqftMLS FR9694831
$265,0003 beds, 2 baths1,551 sqft lot 3.88 acMLS FR9668980
$389,8005 beds, 2 baths3,864 sqft lot 27,000 sqftMLS FR9650903
$114,9003 beds, 1 bathlot 22,214 sqftMLS FR9605943
$224,9003 beds, 2 baths1,872 sqft lot 10,500 sqftMLS FR9596337
$399,9003 beds, 2 baths2,232 sqft lot 13,502 sqftMLS FR8569248
$224,9004 beds, 2 bathslot 17,424 sqftMLS FR4232545
All listing data, including, but not limited to, square footage and lot size is believed to be accurate, but the listing agent, listing broker and respective Multiple Listing Services and their affiliates do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. Therefore, all data should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. Listing data last updated 8/19/17 5:20 PM PDT.
The listing information on this web site is from various brokers who participate in IDX.
Copyright 2017 MRIS. All rights reserved.